South Swindon Parish Council is an innovative and progressive Parish Council in Swindon serving over 42,000 residents. It is responsible for delivering front-line community services that residents value. The services and facilities the Parish Council manages include:
- Delivering Grounds Maintenance and Street Cleaning services
- Managing 14 allotment sites
- Maintaining 21 play areas
- Managing 3 heritage parks- Town Gardens, Queen’s Park and GWR Park
- Managing Broadgreen Community Centre and Old Town Library; and
- Running a Youth and Events Service.
All staff directly employed by the Parish Council will receive:
- Annual leave allowance- 25 days holiday plus 2 Staff Days to be taken at the Council’s discretion.
- Eligibility to join the Wiltshire Pension Fund.
- An annual appraisal
- Training and continuous development