South Swindon Parish Council recognises the wish for memorials and will consider a memorial on land owned or managed by them- particularly Parish Council managed parks. Memorials will be limited to benches & plaques.
The below objectives has been set when considering memorial applications:
- To be respectful and sympathetic to those seeking to install a memorial
- To establish responsibility for the maintenance, repair and replacement of memorials
- To ensure that memorials are not out of place in the area in which they are situated
When considering applying for a memorial bench, please note:
- The memorials must be paid for by the applicant prior to purchase and installation by the Council.
- The Parish Council reserves the right to remove memorials at any time.
- Applications for pets will not be allowed.
- Benches must be of the type specified by the Parish Council.
- The Parish Council will maintain the bench within its maintenance programme.