There is lots of evidence that volunteering can have a positive impact on your mental and physical health.
As a Parish Volunteer you will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of important areas of work. These may include:
- Practical conservation tasks to help with our re-wilding project
- Assist with maintenance work within our formal parks
- Support South Swindon In-Bloom
- Carry out site surveys, recording and monitoring work
- Litter picking
- Assist with Parish events and activities
- Help with our youth work team
- Assist at the Old Town Library and Broadgreen Community Centre
The only thing we need is your enthusiasm
Volunteering opportunities are available for individuals, local schools, community groups and organisations as well as local businesses – you do not need to be living or based in the Parish to get involved as a volunteer. There are opportunities for you to volunteer at various sites and locations across the Parish.
Although we try to offer a wide range of tasks, you may have special skills from a previous job or a hobby that you would be willing to share. In this case, please let us know and we will see how your skills can best be used.
We are committed to promoting diversity and to offering volunteer opportunities to people of all ages, interests, and abilities. We will seek to remove any barriers which may prevent people from volunteering, to ensure that as many people as possible who wish to volunteer are able to do so.